Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust (BTHFT) approached WRM in order to deliver a Sustainable Development Management Plan (SDMP). BTHFT were in need of direction and support to understand their environmental impacts and to produce a plan to address the identified issues. WRM delivered bespoke consultancy support to produce a tailored, unique plan for BTHFT that met their requirements and showed a way forward for improved environmental management at the Trust.
- Produced by the NHS Sustainable Development Unit, the SDAT allows Trusts to score and report how they are performing on a series of sustainability metrics. BTHFT primary driver was to improve their score on this tool and WRM tailored the SDMP to assist in this aim.
- WRM interviewed 20 senior colleagues across the Trust to understand the current position on sustainability
- And to propose and agree potential actions that could be taken
- Extensive stakeholder engagement ensured that all proposals suggested by WRM were sanctioned by staff members
- This process also means that actions which are deemed to be unpracticable can be excluded at an early stage
- Enabled WRM to identify sustainability interventions already being implemented at the Trust.
- WRM produced an easy to follow action plan for the Trust which provided a clear way forward for Bradford
- The action plan specified:
- individual interventions that needed to be made,
- identified key persons required to be involved; and,
- provided timescales for implementation
Bradford received an SDMP meeting their exact requirements, that was then taken to the board for sign-off. This help the Trust to meet the requirements placed upon them by the terms of the NHS Standard Contract and their CCG.